At wallacespace, we’ve long believed that isolation is the enemy of innovation.
Working from home has taught us how to be productive & flexible. We’ve had time for quiet, focussed work whilst dealing with the challenges of virtual meetings over slow internet connections alongside deliveries, cleaning, children & dogs.
And then there are the creative challenges: when you hit a mental wall, can’t see a way forward, or feel your thinking has become boxed in. Video calls are great for meetings but not so effective for bouncing ideas around or sharing those spontaneous ‘water cooler moments’.
Since the Coronavirus forced us to close our doors in March, we have been using our time as a virtual organisation to plan ways in which we can safely return to helping you solve your business problems and to add more value to your face to face meetings and events, when the time is right.
In part, this has meant refining our appreciation of the role that tech plays in bringing people together; it has also sharpened our understanding of tech’s limitations and the need to meet in person. We’re eager to help you reconnect, to meet and to plan for your business to emerge stronger, using technology that helps you meet your business objectives.
That means that alongside super-fast broadband, crystal clear conference phones and reliable hybrid meeting technology for those who can’t meet face to face, our spaces continue to be supportive, inspiring environments that encourage collaboration, connection + an exchange of ideas to help you achieve more.
Mindful of the likelihood of updates to official guidance, we are proactively working on plans to welcome you back safely to our buildings. These plans will of course evolve as advice from scientists and from the government is updated, but will include:
• Larger meeting spaces at no extra charge, giving you more room to maintain social distancing.
• A reinforcement of our already rigorous cleaning routines, with regular disinfecting of communal areas and deep cleans of our spaces overnight.
• Clearly marked systems to allow a safe flow of people through communal spaces.
• Hybrid meetings to allow those who can’t be with you in person to participate from a distance.
• Flexible lunch offerings to enable you to eat how and where you feel safest.
• Our usual ‘what you want, when you want it’ snacks and hot + cold drinks, but individually wrapped and with safety as a priority.
• We will also continue to offer the most flexible cancellation terms in the industry, allowing you to book with confidence.
We’ll leave you with this quote from a recent article by Linda Gratton in the Financial Times, which is worth a read in its entirety if you have time…
“ ……innovation comes from chance encounters. These encounters are often face-to-face and rarely structured – they are the “water-cooler” conversations.”
Lynda Gratton. Professor of management practice. London business School.
We’re still here and would be delighted to talk to you, by email at email@example.com, phone on 020 7395 1265 or we can arrange a video call if that’s convenient for you.
Just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for hosting our workshop. Everyone really loved the venue and had positive feedback about everything. Everyone that works at Wallace Space Clerkenwell was so friendly and helpful, the rooms were perfectly set-out and equipped with everything we needed, and the food was delicious!